Sunday 26 December 2010

2. A new routine

I'm trying to start some new routines to keep my mind away from things that hurt, and one of the best ways is to get myself active. So I went jogging today.  I'm using the Interval Training technique - a combination of alternating paces which is supposed to be the best way to increase your cardiovascular fitness quickly.

Despite the cold and an old injury playing up (a torn tendon from my badminton days), it was a beautiful start to the day. I watched the sun rise, while a lone raven croaked as it flew up above. I didn't see anyone, so I'm guessing they were all sleeping in.

There is something very therapeutic about running. It releases endorphins into the body, which make you feel better. And, apparently, when we have high endorphin levels we feel less pain....so I'm hoping that it'll help me feel less pain...

No comments:

Post a Comment