Monday 22 July 2013

More changes

My life goes in cycles of change. It is never one stream of continuous moments, everything tends to pile in at the same time.

We have not been happy with our current accommodation. I have been there for two months, S one. On the face of it, it is a nice, quiet place but when you look closer the landlord painted over problems (damp problems) which are now just making the first stages of reappearance. There is no telephone line and we aren't allowed to get one (we didn't know this until we moved in. It is strange, to say the least). The plan is to escape.

We managed to scrape together the deposit for a new place, which we have arranged but are awaiting for the confirmation. I hope that it is successful. It is a nicer place, light and airy with two bedrooms and two bathrooms (one en suite). It seems more homely. Fingers crossed.

I have also, after all that work on the IT qualification (which I  passed a few weeks ago after hours and hours of revision), got a new job as a PA. I start on Thursday. It couldn't be so far from the IT career that I had started to work towards but it is something that I think will be fascinating and challenging (definitely challenging).

I gave myself just two short weeks off after my CompTIA A+ exams before the wheel of change started again. The move was sort of planned (we estimated September to get a place but the move date is hopefully going to be mid August instead). The job was not. A month ago, I could not have even imagined a job change. It will be exciting, though, with all the projects and objectives that I have been prepared with already.

It is, with lots of hope, that I will finally settle down after all this. I don't want to move for a good few years after (it is already four times in 10 months!). We shall see. For now, though, I need to de-stress as much as possible (go for runs, cycle, write) because it is a lot to think about in such a short time. Time and time again, I find myself wondering: why do I do this to myself? But then, I remember, I never do anything by halves.

2 comments:

  1. Well done on passing your exams. I hope you find the right place to live. Settling in one place can be good, and I hope you find it suits you. How strange that you are not allowed to have a phone line fitted. Maybe it would put the structure of the whole building at risk to insert a small cable through the wall?!

    We are still waiting to move house, but it is looking more hopeful that it will happen in the not too distant future. So many of our conversations at the moment seem to start "when we've moved..." be that buy some particular item or do something a bit differently or some such thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi RR. I am so sorry for my slow reply. I can't believe it has been so long...!!

    Thank you for your message. We found the right place not far from the river, and moved in a few weeks ago. We are so committed (which says a lot for me) that we have got in a telephone line and internet. I am free to go online again!! Yay.

    I hope everything is going well with you, that the move has happened or is about to happen.

    ReplyDelete