Tuesday 15 June 2010

14. Last Light

Last light

We were walking in the countryside, enjoying the last of the warm, Summer light: "The Golden Hour". There was a fresh fragrance of wild flowers, the hum of bees making their last minute rounds and a wren telling us off with a shrill call for trespassing into its territory.

After the busy weekend, and an expected visit from an "External Verifier" for my course tomorrow, I really needed some downtime. I've been finding it difficult to switch off the "you should be doing this..." thoughts lately, especially when I have the computer course and my desire to write fiction, together with the NVQ work, plus a huge list of other things that I never seem to get around to, so when Kirsty asked if I wanted to go out for a walk, I nearly said no. I'm so glad I didn't.

I was talking to a friend at the weekend who has made me really think about taking care of myself. He said that if you don't pay attention to your body's little warnings when you're 30, it'll stop you in your tracks when you hit 40. Coming from a man who knows, I'm rather inclined to believe him. My body is definitely telling me that I'm doing
too much. And, although I want to live as much as I can now, sometimes I have to save my strength for another day. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment