Monday 13 September 2010

37. Spiders

Spiders! It's that time of year again when the house spiders start coming in. We've had four in a week, and I've been on removal duties, glass and cardboard at the ready.

The last spider I removed was...active. I felt something crawl on my arm and, girl-like, I ran around the living room until I was sure it wasn't on me. Don't get me wrong: I'm not scared of spiders...except when they crawl on me. That, I don't like. Anyway, after I calmed down, I found the fella running around on the floor. After a trial - it was one of those really fast ones - I caught it. I heard it go "chink" against the glass as it fought against its imprisonment. It wasn't a happy spider. As I carried it outside, it reared up and I could practically hear it hissing. I walked it up to the top of the road, just to make sure it didn't come back. I watched it creep off into the darkness.

2 comments:

  1. Spiders. Aaaaagh. I hate spiders. I will be calling on your services when the need arises. I am pleased your car is fixed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi RR. Maybe I should start up a humane spider-removal business ;-) lol. And, my car is fixed but only temporarily. I haven't wanted to risk driving it until the full repairs are carried out on it - it's been weird without it. I guess it matches the spider-theme, but my car is now covered in spider webs!!

    Thanks for the comment. Appreciated, as always. :-)

    ReplyDelete