Wednesday 4 August 2010

27. Getting away from it all

Sharp Tor


I'm a couple of days away from quitting my job...I woke up on Monday and decided I just didn't want to go in. There were other reasons too but I couldn't stand it anymore.

Instead, I drove to Bodmin moor and walked up to the Cheesewring. From the top, I took out my OS map, looked at the scenery and decided to walk to a point I'd never been to before.

I walked as fast as I could, pushing myself. And, getting to the top of Sharp Tor felt like an achievement, of sorts. I wasn't running from my problems, I was working out what to do about them. A personal journey.

I love the moors. Their ruggedness and beauty never change. 

As with my job...the hours are ticking by and my decision is made. The problem is, what next?

2 comments:

  1. Well done on making a decision. I hope it works out for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :-) Thanks, RR. I hope it does too...I'm sure it will :-)

    ReplyDelete