Thursday 5 August 2010

28.

I've given up my job and I'm scared. No, scrap that, I'm terrified.

It brings back the nightmare of post-graduation when I couldn't get anyone to employ me because I was "over qualified" and inexperienced. Not even the local supermarket, it seemed, wanted me back then. Mind you, times have changed and a degree is not worth nearly as much as it used to be, and I have nearly 9 years of experience behind me. But, still, the fear is there.

I'm beginning to wonder whether this was either a very brave or a very stupid decision. Only time can tell which one.

2 comments:

  1. We'll go for the "very brave" option for now. Time will tell to a degree, but actually we only have one life to lead and we don't see the alternate reality had we made other decisions, so you equally don't know how sticking with the status quo would have ended up (I mean that in a positive way about the choice you have made).

    You strike me as someone who likes to try new things and there's a whole world out there waiting for you now. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment, RR. I hope it was "very brave"...but you're right, we do only have one life to lead, so there's no point dwelling on what-ifs. There is a whole world out there waiting for me...I think it's time to let the adventure begin :-)

    ReplyDelete