Thursday 16 August 2012

Today I attended the funeral of a work colleague. It was a sad day but a lovely send off to a wonderful woman.

It had been a shock to find out that she had suffered a fatal heart attack. She was only 59. I know that she will be sorely missed.

Life is fragile, so easily snuffed out. It's why every day we are alive should be lived and be grateful for. Who knows how much time we have left.

I have not been to many funerals, though the number is creeping up at a more noticeable rate as I get older. I have always preferred the ones that celebrate the life of the person who has died. Today's was like.

So, although I am in a somewhat muted mood this evening, I have continued as ever to try to live a little because life is the most precious gift we have.

No comments:

Post a Comment